To drum up some buzz about the upcoming Gala AND to thank and generate support for our local community donors, one of the best avenues to do so is via our Facebook page.
To do this, you will need a list of donors submitted from the Donations Coordinator. Since there are so many donations, it is best to input the donations as they are submitted. To not get lost, it is best to devise a rubric of how the donations should be published/scheduled. I do this by going forward to the date just before the gala (so for the 4/16 Gala date, I’d start on Friday, 4/15) and post at 12 p.m. the donation. Then I’d go to the day before that (Thursday, 4/14) and schedule the donation announcement to happen at 12 p.m. I would do that all the way up to the present date. Once you get to the present date, then I’d go back to the 4/15 date and schedule the next donation announcement to occur at 1 p.m. on that date. (So on 4/15 there would be a donation announcement at 12 noon, and then again at 1 p.m.) Once all of the donations have been inputted, if I came to the present day again, I’d go back to the 4/15 date and schedule the next slate of donations to occur at 2 p.m., and so on.
As of Feb. 9, 2016, this is how that can best be done:
- Go to the BPEC Facebook page, click on Publishing Tools, then click on Scheduled Posts, then click on the Create button.
- From your list of donations (from the Donations Coordinator), paste in the donation that has been given.
- Next, open a new Facebook tab and search for the Facebook page of the business. Grab the URL of the Facebook page and paste it into your donation post.
Note: If there is no Facebook page, go to the internet and search for the company’s website and paste in that. In the rare instance that there is no Facebook or website listing, skip this step.
- Next, delete the URL (Facebook will keep the website box that has been generated) and write a short sentence or two to promote the business. Something such as, “Thanks to @Fun and Fit Gymnastics, at the Spring Gala you could win one month free of gymnastic lessons ($145 value)!” Feel free to get creative with what you say if time and imagination permits.
Note: To tag the business, you will need to type in the @ sign and then type the name of the business and select it from the list that pops up.
- Once your sentence is completely finished, click on the blue Schedule button to arrange for a time to post the donation announcement. Pick a date and time and press the schedule button.
- Once these steps have been done, your post has been scheduled and you will not have to remember to post the donation notice. Facebook will do it for you at the arranged date/time.